Trial Seed Terms and Conditions
AGREEMENT FOR THE SUPPLY OF SEED FOR TRIALS
1. All Seed is supplied on the understanding that trial data and comments concerning crops established from that seed shall be made available to DSV UK Limited.
2. Carriage: Postage or Carriage will be charged at cost. Unless specifically asked not to, we will despatch all orders by carrier to avoid unacceptable delays in the post.
3. Orders will be sent by first class post or carrier and will be charged at cost. Orders that are sent by carrier are on a ‘next working day’ basis. When ordering, please allow up to 7 days for delivery.
A minimum invoice charge of £25.00 per order will be made to cover administration, packaging and handling costs.
4. Where seed is of a variety not yet added to the UK National List, the following agreement shall apply:
a) DSV UK Limited supply seed for trials under the following conditions
- The seed is used exclusively for carrying out private field trials for the determination of yield or agronomic characters only.
- The seed is not used to perform any breeding or research activities without prior permission from DSV UK Ltd.
5. 1 – 49kg: Cereals and Pulses £1.65/kg Oilseeds £1.00/100g Price on application for quantities over 60kgs of any one variety. For varieties not on the National List (marked *), the charges made refer to a handling charge, which is subject to VAT, and the seed is not offered for sale.
In order to comply with current National Listing legislation, it is a condition of supply that seed not yet National Listed is only supplied for use under our control and for the purpose of carrying out tests and trials and it is NOT to be used for further multiplication. The whole of the material produced either directly or indirectly from the seed shall become or remain the property of DSV UK Ltd. Such material produced and any unused seed will normally be surplus to our requirements and shall be disposed of by you, on our behalf, for any purposes other than sowing. Any proceeds of such disposal may be retained by you to offset the expenses you have incurred in trialling the variety.
Quantities of some varieties may be limited and will be despatched on a first come first served basis. Should any variety listed be withdrawn from official trials in the UK, it will be deleted from your order.